Here is the source for the recipe (found on Pinterest, of course!).
I changed mine up just a little. I added more pumpkin and more peanut butter.
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer, mix together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon
- Add water/flour as needed to help make the dough workable,the dough should be dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough into a ½-inch-thick roll. Cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
Gather your ingredients.
The dough should be dry and stiff, but workable (a little dryer than cookie dough).
Roll the dough ½ inch thick.
Use your favorite cookie cutter/cutters.
place on cookie sheets
(they do not rise or spread, so you can put them really close together, I poked mine with a fork to help them bake evenly).
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (YES 40 minutes). Until they have hardened.
(don't look at my dirty oven too closely! LOL).
They don't last long in my house!!
And this is Bella waiting for them to come out of the oven (she is very treat motivated, LOL!).
I am also going to try some other varieties
(carrot, apple, oatmeal, the possibilities are endless).
Let me know if you give them a try!!