I am still plugging along on my 2013 PL pages. Here is the first part of June. I realized that I did not take very manyof photos in June, so I won't have very many pages for that month (that is one way to get the year finished, LOL!) and another reason why I love that PL can be anything you want (no rules)!!
Mike was really excited after watching an episode of The Dog Whisperer, where Cesar, was teaching a dog NOT be afraid of the water, to teach Kodi (who was still living with us at the time), who was afraid of the pool, and Sophie how to swim (wow! that was a really long sentence!!). He made really great progress with Kodi, and Sophie seemed to enjoy the water.
Note: We did not have Bella yet, but she also enjoys the water (mostly the pool steps).
*Pin It/share buttons are at the bottom of the post*
From left to right: 1. Mike and I went to Ryan's Pet Supplies on Monday (since we had the day off from work) and scored some dog toys. I was surprised at how low their prices are!! *Note: if you are local and want go to the warehouse, check the hours. They are not open on weekends and close at 4:30 during the week. 2. My allergies have been CRAZY!! 3. Just Soph resting on the pillow. 4. I was craving a BLT last week. One of my favorite sandwiches and a super easy dinner item!! 5. Crazy Pete, he does not take any crap from the pitties. He bops them on the head. 6. Had my 6 month dental check up on Thursday. I love getting my teeth cleaned and getting a new toothbrush!! 7. My office provided lunch on Friday, we had a baked potato bar, which was a big hit!! The potatoes were humongous!! I mean pretty close to the size of my head!! 8. Have you heard of Lush? They have organic products, it is really popular around here (the store is always busy when I go in). I got some hand lotion and lip scrub. 9. Bella just waiting to go to the bark park.
1. I found THIS sign at the Hallmark store and I have to say it is SO true!! I put it on my desk at work. Speaking of that, Sophie and Bella need new doggie beds, and after buying a few cheap ones at Costco, I am investing in THESE (ordered them last night), they should arrive next week *woot*
2. The weather has been AMAZING here!! Sorry to all my friends who are getting snow!! I do wish I could have a snow day though~just ONE would be great!
3. I went to the dentist for my 6 month check up on Thursday (well it was more like 8 months, because I was procrastinating). I had a feeling I would need a crown and YUP, it was confirmed. I always think of this e-card when I think of getting a crown.
4. Jess loaded all the wedding photos on her Flickr account, there were so many nice ones, but thought I would share one of my fav's. Seriously, Josh cracks me up!! He is my favorite son!! (there will be a wedding Project Life page or two in the near future!!).
5. Am I the only one shocked that February is almost over? Where did the month go??
I took Monday off from work, with plans to get LOTS of stuff done (but I ended up getting sick with a cold/allergies and felt yucky!).
One of the things I definitely wanted to complete was reorganizing my pantry(so I made sure it was first on my list of things to do). *You can read about how Mike turned our coat closet into a pantryHERE* (link fixed). I am usuallypretty good about putting things where they belong (but sometimes I have helpers, LOL!), but the shelf pictured in the "before" photo ended up in the small space, making it hard to get things to their correct spot, so things were put anywhere and then it just got out of control!!
I took everything out of the pantry and threw out the things that were expired (there was even a weird colored bottle of ketchup way in the back~GROSS!). I decided NOT put the shelf back in there (it is going to it's new home this weekend...Josh & Jess' garage).
It is so NICE that I can see everything, so hopefully I won't throw out as much expired stuff next time!! I was surprised that I got it all back in there, with room to spare!! It is amazing how a project that took me about an hour made me feel so much better!! Now I open the door just to look inside!!
I think my next organizing project will be under the bathroom sinks (stuff multiplies and ends up in the wrong spot there too!!).
From left to right: 1. Bella just lounging in the kitchen. 2. I bought some dog treats for the pups that were shaped like Nutter Butter Cookies. I usually break them in half and goop some peanut butter on it for them. It is their own puppy Nutter Butter treat. 3. I thought I was experiencing allergies last week, but come to find out I have a cold~BOO!! 4. I made Mike his favorite breakfast on Saturday. Buttermilk pancakes with Strawberries and whipped cream (he adds maple syrup too~gross!!) 5. See # 4 6. I whipped up some Valentines Day treats for the kiddos. 7. On Saturday we ran a few errands and Mike was in the mood for In-N-Out Burger, since I was not feeling greatsee # 3, I didn't think I was really very hungry, but after I started eating, I realized that I was...YUM!! 8. On our Sunday Bark Park visit, there was a dog agility event right next door, so Mike and I took Sophie and Bella over to watch. They had some really neat vendors too. We bought some elk antlers for the pups (hopefully they last a while). If you are in the market for some, the couple that has this small business are super nice. Check them out HERE 9. Sophie and Bella got micro chipped on Sunday. I was a little worried when I saw the BIG needle, but they did great!
I don't know what it is about Valentine's Day, but I love giving little gifts to people (it must go back to my school days and the Valentine cards I gave to my classmates). This year I thought I would make a little something for the girls in my department at work. I found these cute little containers at my local grocery store(marked down to $1.49), and bought some of my favorite chocolates to put inside. I am guessing that each one cost me about $2.25(not too bad, if I do say so myself).
My plan was to put these treats on my coworkers desks this morning, but I am home sick from work *BOO!!*. I will spare you the mucous-y details, but I am happy it isn't the stomach flu (I am drinking my grape juice)!!
And since I took Monday off too, they won't get them until Tuesday (But chocolate is always well received, even late, right?). I hope they don't read my blog and spoil the LATE surprise!!
I have seen numerous recipes floating around Pinterest for these Chocolate Pretzel Treats,and decided to give them a try, since they only take 3 ingredients and can be made in about 10 minutes.
Here are the ingredients:
Hershey's Hugs Kisses
My nice hubby unwrapped all the hugs for me (I even let him eat a few, LOL!). I preheated the oven to 200 degrees; and lined up my waffle pretzels on my baking stone (you can use a cookie sheet too); and placed a Hershey Hug on top of each pretzel. Bake for 8 min (that's it, just enough time for the hugs to get a little melt-y).
When you take them out of the oven, place an M&M right on top.
Let them cool (I put mine in the fridge for about an hour) until the chocolate was set.
Once they were cooled (I ate a few), I put them in a mason jar, stamped a topper, and tied it up with some ribbon.
This batch of hugs was for a friend of mine that got a new job. I really love the combination of sweet and salty~so yummy (and easy peasy!!)!!
1. I tried this Cranberry Chicken recipe that I found on Pinterest. Super easy and very YUMMY. I really LOVE 3 ingredient crock pot recipes.
2. I think this will be our last bag ofpuppy food, since Bella will be turning one soon (we do not really know when her birthday is, but the people we adopted her from said she was about 5 months old when we got her).
3. I bought a bag of Valentine M&M's to make some "hugs" last week. Unfortunately I only needed a few and I have been eating them all week long!! Recipe coming this week.
4. I don't normally drink soda, but the other day I had a craving for some Diet Dr Pepper.
5. I am now COBRA certified. So if you have any questions regarding COBRA, I should be able to answer them!!
6. Mike and I went out for breakfast HERE. The bagels were SO GOOD!! I will definitely go back, cause this gal loves her carbs (especially bagels)!!!
7. While we were running errands on Saturday morning, we stopped at PetSmartand they had 15 puppies up for adoption. I wanted to put one (or two) in my pocket and bring them home with me. I tried to talk Josh into this one.
8. Mike and I usually reward ourselves with a frozen yogurt after our weekly shopping trip to Sam's/Costco is finished.
9. Our weekly trip to the bark park. Sunday's are FUN day's for Soph and Bella!!
I was looking through my 2013 Project Life folder and realized that I never posted this layout (May 13-19, 2013). This was right around the time things got crazy around here. I am planning to go back and get the rest of 2013 done, and also get my booty moving with my 2014 pages.
This seems like so long
ago. I love the fact that I can look back at my pages to see what was
going on that particular week. This is before we had Bella, which seems
From left to right: 1. Our stairs are almost finished!! I LOVE them. Here is a sneak peak. 2. My cook-top got a cleaning this week. THIS is what I use (I found it at Walmart). Works AWESOME!! 3. I got my haircut Friday after work. I had a couple inches cut off. Feels great and now I get ready in no time!! 4. We had Kodi for the weekend, while Josh and Jess went skiing. He was pretty excited to go to the bark park with us! 5. I am always the "keeper of the leashes" when we go to the bark park. I try to be cool and wear them around my neck, like the trendy guy that goes there, HA! 6. Mike and I tried a NEW restaurant on Saturday. It is dog themed, which I LOVED!! And the food was so YUMMY!! I had a burger and fries. Not very low calorie, but I enjoyed every bite!! 7. I did some menu planning for the week. I have been winging it for the past few weeks. On the menu this week: Crock Pot Mac & Cheese, Crock Pot Cranberry BBQ Chicken, Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin, and Chicken Parmesan Muffins. (Can you tell I LOVE my crock pot?). Most of the recipes are from THIS blog. Ashley has made a lot of the recipes and also has a membership. She liked everything she has made so far. 8. I LOVE when the grocery shopping is done~seriously, WORST job ever!! 9. Mike made wings for the Super Bowl. I had something else planned, but he wanted to have wings (which was OK with me). I think he could eat them every day.